Grateful tenant



To the Editor:

I want to thank the Southwest Harbor Fire Department from the very bottom of my heart for their admirable and focused efforts to put out the fire in Norwood Cove Apartments on Friday.

I watched one man on the hose douse the fire on the balcony of apartment two in short order, catching the blaze before it spread to the rest of the building.

The thoroughness of all your men and women made me feel safe to re-enter my apartment, right next to the one that caught fire.

Miraculously, my apartment suffered neither water nor smoke damage, not even a little bit. Fortunately, the wind was blowing the other way.

Warmest wishes and gratefulness.

Betsey Bess

Southwest Harbor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.