Acadia National Park entrance passes will be on sale for $25 during December. ISLANDER FILE PHOTO

Half-price park passes



ACADIA NAT’L PARK — Annual park entrance passes will be on sale for $25 – that’s half price – during December. Passes can be purchased with cash, check or major credit card at the winter visitor center at park headquarters on Eagle Lake Road.

Annual passes will be available for cash purchase only at the Bar Harbor and Southwest Harbor-Tremont chambers of commerce offices, at the Schoodic Institute and at the Mount Desert, Tremont, Gouldsboro and Winter Harbor town offices.

Annual park entrance passes also will be sold at the information building at the Bar Harbor Village Green during the Midnight Madness Sale on Friday, Dec. 2, from 8 p.m. to midnight.

Acadia keeps 80 percent of the revenue from park pass sales to support infrastructure and other improvements and to help fund the Island Explorer bus system. The remaining 20 percent benefits other sites in the National Park System.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.