Gun threat suspect arrested

BAR HARBOR — A Hancock man who allegedly threatened to bring a gun to Mount Desert Island Hospital after becoming upset about not getting an appointment with his doctor was arrested on a felony level terrorizing charge.

According to police, John Timmons, 32, allegedly made the threat during an Oct. 27 phone call to the hospital’s Cadillac Family Practice building on Main Street. A hospital employee reported the incident to police around 11:15 a.m., and the building went into lockdown. Police responded and determined Timmons was at his home in Hancock and not in the area.

Arrangements were made for the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department to take Timmons into custody and take him to Maine Coast Memorial Hospital in Ellsworth. Once Timmons was cleared medically by hospital staff, a Bar Harbor officer placed him under arrest, charging him with Class C terrorizing.

If convicted of the Class C crime, Timmons faces up to five years in prison and/or a $5,000 fine.

It took about 45 minutes Saturday for a Bar Harbor man who had been warned for trespassing and disorderly conduct at a bar to return to the establishment and get arrested on those same charges.

Dustin Baudreau, 24, reported to police early Saturday that he had lost his wallet and cell phone at a bar from which he had just been asked to leave. Officer Judson Cake located the wallet in a back pocket of Baudreau’s pants and went with him to retrieve the phone. The officer warned him not to return or else he could be charged with trespassing and disorderly conduct, warnings the Bar Harbor man reportedly ignored almost immediately.

A man who phoned police Monday afternoon to report he was lost in the woods near the Crooked Road later said he was able to find his way out on his own.

Richard Dimond, 76, of Southwest Harbor was summonsed Monday on a speeding charge after police stopped his vehicle on Route 102.

Oshea Desgouttes, 23, of Bar Harbor was arrested Monday on a charge of operating under the influence (OUI) as the result of a traffic stop.

Osmar DeSouza, 46, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was arrested Sunday on an OUI charge.

Eric Eversole, 34, of Bar Harbor turned himself in to police Oct. 28 and was arrested on a warrant charging him with failure to appear in court.

Gerald Bassett, 55, of Plymouth, Mass., was eastbound on Route 3 when his 2015 Chevrolet van struck a deer. The van sustained $2,000 damage.

A 2007 Toyota driven by a Mount Desert woman had to be towed Oct. 27 after it was struck by a dump truck at the intersection of Mount Desert and Main streets.

The driver of the 1991 dump truck owned by R.F. Jordan and Sons construction, 21-year-old Jonathan Sargent of Trenton, reportedly was making a right turn from the left turn lane when the truck struck the Toyota driven by 37-year-old Oka Hutchins. Hutchins, police said, also was making a right turn but from the proper lane.

Mount Desert

Police are investigating an Oct. 26 incident in which a Somesville resident reported finding a suspicious item in her mailbox. The item was taken as evidence.

Richard Salisbury Jr., 55, of no given address in Florida was summonsed Oct. 27 on a charge of operating after suspension.

Southwest Harbor

A contractor reported Oct. 27 that a suspicious person was trespassing inside a home where he has been working. The complainant provided a description of the man, and police are investigating.

A vehicle driven by Jon Zulkiewicz, 65, of Palmer, Mass., sustained minor damage Friday when it struck a deer on the Seawall Road.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.