Fire out upon arrival



BAR HARBOR — Firefighters responded to a small fire near the Log Cabin Restaurant Sunday afternoon, which was out by the time they got there, said Captain John Sanders of Bar Harbor Fire Department (BHFD).

The fire started at about 4 p.m. in an electrical breaker box on the building, according to Sanders. The breaker box contained wiring for a heat pump unit mounted adjacent to the restaurant.

The building was evacuated, and the breaker had been turned off by restaurant staff prior to the firefighters’ arrival.

Fire crews confirmed that the power had been shut off and conducted thermal imaging to make sure there was no fire in the walls of the building.

Sanders reported there were “very minor scorch marks on the exterior siding,” but no damage to the interior of the building.

The restaurant opened for dinner that evening. “The heat pump unit and wiring will need to be repaired,” he said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.