TRENTON — No one was home at an Oak Point Road house that was destroyed by fire early Saturday morning and no injuries were reported.
Six Trenton volunteer firefighters responded to 910 Oak Point Road after a call at 4:57 a.m., along with automatic mutual aid from Ellsworth, Lamoine and Hancock.
The fire involved a camper that was located behind a house, but later spread to the house, Trenton Fire Chief Steve Corson said. The fire was also close to a wooded area and two propane tanks were near the site.
“[Being close to trees] was a concern,” he said. “We were able to control that quickly on arrival, along with cooling of two propane tanks.”
Corson said the structures were a total loss and the fire marshal was not able to determine a cause.
Town assessing officials told the Islander the 1.7-acre property is owned by Kathleen Prunier. The address is listed on web business directories as the location of a veterinary clinic called Your Pet’s Next Best Friend, which was also previously located in Town Hill. Phone numbers listed for the clinic are no longer in service.
Firefighters cleared the scene at 9:30 a.m.