Island Police Log: Handcuff fun goes awry

SOUTHWEST HARBOR — Police received a call Friday night from a resident of Boomer Boulevard asking for help unlocking handcuffs.

According to the report, the man said he and a woman were “playing around,” and he handcuffed her only to find he couldn’t free her from the cuffs. Officer Eben Richardson arrived and assisted in releasing the woman from the restraints.

Also on Friday, the new tenant of an apartment complained that the previous renter had been making methamphetamine there. The report most likely is unfounded, police said.

Timothy Donahue, 28, of Southwest Harbor was summonsed Saturday on a charge of operating after license suspension.

Michelle Allvin, 42, of Bar Harbor was issued a summons April 1 on a charge of operating with an expired registration.

A man arrested here March 27 on a charge of operating while under the influence (OUI) has not been charged with the crime, according to interim Chief Mike Miller. The charge was dropped after a breath test on Ian Jellison, 33, of Ellsworth showed his blood alcohol level was well below the threshold for drunk driving, Miller said.

Mount Desert

A 2005 Chevrolet driven by a Tremont man was damaged Friday when the vehicle bottomed-out on a frost heave on the Manchester Road in Northeast Harbor.

The force of hitting the bump punctured the oil pan on the vehicle driven by 29-year-old Nicholas Laurendeau.

Slippery road conditions Monday caused a pickup to skid off Route 198 near Parkman Mountain and roll onto its side.

Debra Sanner, 55, of Southwest Harbor was not injured when she lost control of the 2006 Chevrolet. Damage to the truck is estimated at $5,000.

Bar Harbor

Ryan Macleod, 26, of Mount Desert was arrested Saturday on a charge of OUI.

Brandi Hewes, 18, and Corey Day, 29, both of East Millinocket, were each arrested on charges of violations of conditional release after officers conducted a bail check at a residence on Edgewood Street Monday.

Benjamin Vryn, 66, of Mount Desert was summonsed Friday on a charge of attachment of false license plates.

Sgt. Shaun Farrar met with the local Boy Scout troop for a talk about safety issues Monday.

A taxi driver reported March 31 that a rider had paid only $55 of an $84 fare. The matter is under investigation.

Police received a couple of calls this week concerning drivers who had passed stopped school buses.

Officer Soren Sundberg helped a resident get into their High Street home Saturday after they became locked out.

Police took two reports of car-deer accidents this week.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.