Park pass proceeds improve services



park passAcadia National Park is a federal fee area and all visitors are required to obtain a pass, even if entering via road or trail without a fee collection station.

The sale of entrance passes for Acadia National Park allows the park to retain 80 percent of the fees to pay for projects to improve visitor services such as the Island Explorer and maintain park facilities. The National Park Service uses the remaining 20 percent to benefit other sites in the System.

Passes are available at multiple locations within the park, online, and at some area business and tourist information centers.

Call 288-3338.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.